Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mat Loving - world's smartest man??



Only a quick post today as I'm "busy."
I had day 1 of practice today by loading 15+ lbs of stuff into my daypack & walking about 7 miles with it on. Some mixed results on that: pack felt good, fit enough stuff that I have confidence it's the right size for my trip, but I was sweating in the back area like a motherf*cker. I wonder if I'll have to bring an extra shirt with me everywhere for that reason. Today was worth it because the pay off was a breadbowl of Clam Chowder down at the wharf. That was definitely a food item that I needed to have before I leave, as In-n-Out Burger will be too.

Anyway, the point of this blog is that I wanted to throw some praise in the direction of my friend Mat Loving. Not only did Mat graduate summa cum laude from Amherst College (oh wait, that was UMass Amherst? Same thing right?), but he also did a very similar trip to what I'm planning only 2 years ago. So it comes as no surprise that he's been so helpful in giving tips & advice for my planning.
For an example of Mat's brilliance, please see the photo (you may be able to see it better by clicking on it), as he created an exact replica of Europe (to scale mind you) out of a paper table cloth & crayons for my reference. Thanks Mat and congratulations on being qualified to pass the 1st grade.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I've been to Europe 3 times in my life and I can not believe that all 3 times I forgot to visit the giant pair of tits between England, Spain, and France.

    ReplyDelete