Monday, September 7, 2009

So long, San Fran

I should have known a lot of you greedy bastards would be complaining already about my lack of blog updates. Yes, I admit I've been a bit negligent over the last 2 weeks, but I promise you haven't missed anything exciting. What am I supposed to write when I'm sitting on my ass waiting to start my trip? "Today I had to make a tough decision between ordering a meat lovers' omelette or a stack of pancakes for breakfast." Or maybe, "A few hours ago I wanted a glass of water, but instead I just turned on the faucet, forgot why I was in the kitchen, and then went back to watching daytime TV." (I did eventually turn the water off, but not until my show ended.)

Seriously, there's nothing too exciting going on...oh wait, I'm in Fitchburg now!!! Nevermind, not even 3 exclamation points can make that seem interesting.
In exactly one week, I'll be halfway through my flight from Boston to Brussels. I flew to Boston from SF on Saturday night so I could spend some time at home before my trip. So basically I had a dry run of saying my good byes to family & friends, packing for my trip, going to the airport, and getting on a plane. So when I have to do all that for real here in Mass. I'll be a pro at it.

Over my last week in SF, I basically did 2 things: final prep for the trip, and eating my last meals at a variety of favorite food spots. In case you're interested, here's where I ate: Ike's Place (new favorite sandwich shop), Mr. Pickle's (old favorite sandwich shop), Sally's (favorite breakfast place), Taqueria Cancun (favorite Mexican/burrito spot), Chipotle (favorite fast-foodish Mexican place), and last but certainly not least, In-N-Out Burger (no explanation needed). Obviously it was a very healthy final week for me in the Bay Area.

My favorite part of the week was going out to dinner at Cha Cha Cha (tapas & sangria) on my final night w/ most of my closest friends in SF. I even got a dessert with a candle in it as if it was my Birthday. Mike led the group in song with what I can only imagine was an original composition called "Bon Voyage (pronounced voy-a-jey) Ross." I believe it was sung to the tune of Happy Birthday.

Wait, when I said that was my favorite part of the weekend, I totally forgot the next day I went to a BBQ in Golden Gate Park where I got to see several people--including Mat, the artist from my 2nd blog post--dressed like repulsive Teletubbies. See for yourself below.
I would apologize to Mat for the embarrassment, but first of all, he's probably not embarrassed at all since he's kind of a weirdo, and second, he was the only one to pretend to be angry with me when I was saying my good byes. So this is what he gets in return.

That's it for now. I promise to update the blog more often when I actually start traveling to interesting places.



No comments:

Post a Comment